Saturday 18 July 2009

Barnacre Alpacas at the Otterburn Festival

Well despite the rain and foul weather the Otterburn Festival is going ahead and we (Hughie, Loki, Paul & I) braved the elements and got on the show site. Yes you guessed it, we were towed on and off the site.

The weather hasn't actually been too bad today and things have dried out a bit during the day and I understand it is supposed to be better tomorrow so hopefully the crowds will be out.

Hughie has had a very enjoyable day meeting his public and Loki let the privileged few stroke him. The pair have been having a few play fights this afternoon and Hughie tried to mate Loki a couple of times but other than that they behaved. Well there is only so much you can do to entertain yourself in an 8 foot square!

I received lots of nice compliments about the various creations I have made from the herds fleece. I also spoke to a very nice couple from Darlington who have a wool shop and make handmade buttons. I'm always on the look out for unique handcrafted buttons.

Sandstorm finally dried out today so I have managed to get his coat on again tonight, poor little chap had to go without last night as he was too wet to put it on. He is piling on the weight and has already put on one and three quarter kilos in 8 days - what out Heidi he's catching you up.

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

You did well.....being able to get onto the show ground. I thought you might be rained off !!

I hope that you have been undercover....with some shelter from the wintery weather. Its like winter ...I hope thats not the end of the summer...!!

I bet Sandstorm is happy to have his coat on. I hope tomorrow is a nicer day......Jayne