Monday 13 July 2009

Our little man has a name

We have finally agreed on a name for our new little man. Well I say we have agreed, I've convinced Paul that my name is best; Barnacre Sandstorm he is!!

The weather has been very mixed today, sunshine and showers so everyone has been out and about one minute and running for cover the next.

This evening I thought I'd lost Horatio, the young boys were munching away and there was no sign of H as he is affectionately know in the field or the shelter. Panic set in; calling his name as I doubled the speed at which I was walking along the edge of the field he emerged from behind the shelter wondering what all the fuss was about!

Horatio has a such a great character, he is currently for sale as part of a package and I will certainly miss him when he finds a new home. He loves human contact, happily eats from your hand and is constantly looking for mischief - just what you'd expect from an offspring of Mary (Ursula, her first cria is just the same).

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Hi Debbie,....I've been missing out on the action and the latest news, I'm up to date now...I've been having computer problems...and it had to be sent away to some-one who could fix it !(not me !!).....

I'm back on track now, you are having an eventful time, I've managed to catch up....so a belated Congratulations on your handsome new arrival....Barnacre Sandstorm looks lovely...... I think you could do with a rest from all this action......some-time soon............Jayne