Sunday 11 October 2009

So much for Sunday being a day of rest

No chance of a lie in at our house, the job list continues to grow. I bribed Paul out of be with a bacon and egg sandwich - it always works!

Having cleaned the boys field yesterday it was the turn of the girls today, as you can see though I am fighting a loosing battle. As fast as I clean they deposit.
After paddock cleaning it was weed picking on a major scale, we had thistles that were becoming triffids in one of the resting paddocks. Why is it weeds never seem to stop growing yet the grass does.
We did some spit offs today, everyone spat at poor Gianmarco, he was not best pleased. Especially because all the young girls were hanging round the other side of the pen wanting to say hello; he thought his luck was in.
Alan (farmer friend) obviously thought I was going through my square bales too quickly as a big round bale arrive over the fence this afternoon. We filled up the second hay manger and took it over to the girls so they now have two, which went down very well. I think we will move them into the next field along next weekend.

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Now thats what I call hoovering !!...nice clean carpets....all round....Jayne