Saturday 3 October 2009

Twiggy is home!

We were finally able to fetch Twiggy back from the vets just before lunch and I am pleased to say she seems fine. She was as pleased to see me as I was to see her and was purring away. The nurse said they had been unable to interest her in food but as soon as she was home and had said a quick hello to her sister, Smudge, she went straight to her bowl for food.

She has been eating all day, obviously making up for lost time. The poor little thing has a bald patch on both front legs and a bald patch on her neck with a few stitches. She has got to go back for a check up next week but thankfully seems just fine and dandy.

On the alpaca front it has been tremendously windy today and the girls have been camped down under the trees all day. I can't say I a blame them because at one point both Paul & I were struggling to walk up the road.

I was worried that the shelters might have taken a battering as I herd lots of crashes and bangs during the night. I am pleased to report that all shelters still have roofs, however the wind was so strong it had blown over one of the hay mangers and the trailer had moved almost a foot from where it was parked!

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Excellent news about Twiggy, now she is home I'm sure she will be much happier and be able to rest and recover.....Jayne