Wednesday 13 January 2010

Planning ahead

With sleet and snow on and off all day I am please to report that my civil engineering project from yesterday is still serving its purpose, and Imala has gotten used to stepping over it!

As soon as the snow has gone it will be all change. The girls will be moving into their big winter field. They were supposed to be moving in there a few weeks ago now but it would be a waste to put them in it when it is buried in a foot of snow.

Moving the girls will mean that the boys will have to move, or they will be in neighbouring fields and as we have a few girls which are open this is not a good idea.

I will also be weaning Sandstorm. As the weather is so poor and Irraquoy is coping with her cria I have left him. I body scored Irraquoy today, which she was not impressed with and gave me one of her warning stares 'do that again and you'll get a face full of what I'm chewing'. She loves me really!

2 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Can you now manage to get the gates open....Im hoping to be able to turn my lot out tomorrow, depending on if I can get the gates open....heres hoping....its starting to thaw here....Jayne

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

I could, be we have woken to more snow this morning; grhhhhhhhh!