Wednesday 27 January 2010

That must have hurt

It has been another dry day today so Kealani has been coatless again. It has been very windy too so thankfully things are drying out including the alpacas!

Kealani obviously decided that it was a bit cold this afternoon because when she saw me approaching with her coat she came running and stood still whilst I put it on; yesterday it was a bit of a fight to get it back on.

I have been out cleaning the fields again today, I do like it when they are all nice and clean. I am hoping to be able to get in the girls field again tomorrow with the muck truck to tackle their deposits. It had been too wet to get in there with the quad and muck truck without doing far too much damage to the ground so I had to revert to the good old rake and shovel.

Finally I just thought I would share this with you:-


My hens usually lay large eggs but this was a record breaker. It was 130gms when I weighed it and turned out to be a double yoker, which incidentally I poached and had for my tea. I am pretty sure it came from the new grey girl.

3 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Wow.....I also have had some extra large eggs laid from some of my hens...a double yoker...and you had it for your tea..I bet it was lovely !!...I hate to mention the 's' word, but it looks like we're getting some for the weekend !....Jayne

Perry Wheeler said...

I bet that made her eyes water!

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

I saw that too Jayne and our last field finally cleared yesterday.