Sunday 2 May 2010

Townie visitors

I thought I'd do an early blog whilst I wait for everyone to get dressed, we have some friends staying, Becky & Pete - hoping to see an alpaca baby! I used to work with Becky many years ago in what now feels like a previous life.

I'm pleased to say that Peppers two lambs are doing just fine on their bottles, I actually let them back out into the field yesterday with their little play mates. The black one is crafty and has been steeling milk from Mia, she's very good and has let him too.

Mia has bags of milk so her lambs won't suffer. I'm hoping the white one will be able to pinch some too as he's the smallest of all the lambs. Becky is enjoying feeding the lambs, but for some reason isn't so keen to offer to do the 5am feed!

The alpaca girls moved onto fresh grass yesterday which went down a treat, so much so hardly anyone was interested in coming for any tea. Becky I and left Paul and Pete on the quad and lawn mower cleaning and cutting the old field whilst we went to help Alan with some lambs and a poor little calf which is being tube fed.

Last night we were out for a well earned meal and a pint, however by the time we got out of the restaurant it was already last orders so we came straight home and had a drink instead.

1 comment:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Did you get any Food !!...all this country living could drive you to drink !!!.....Jayne