Friday 21 January 2011

Glass half full or half empty?

I've been in a bit of a grump today, but going out into the fields to spend a bit of time with the alpacas is a great way to cheer yourself up; even if it is freezing cold out there, not with your alpaca hat on though.  I really must learn to be a glass half full sort of girl rather than half empty!


All the littlies are so affectionate and give my so much unconditional love it's enough to pick you up from anything.  I just love every single one of them, even if some of them are doing their damnedest to destroy their very fine baby fleeces.
 
Paul has finally managed to prise a little of my hand spun yarn out of me to put in the shop.  As our  knitwear range sells so well I don't sell much yarn as I can use it all for our garments and when you don't buy any fleeces in once it's gone it's gone until you shear next May.  I decided I could spare him a little bit but it's not lasting long and he's not getting any more of the Chiquita and Barnaby barber pole.

His next job is going to be working on me to get some of the youngsters up for sale, there is even talk of us putting one of the girls up for sale too.  Oh no; I don't like having to part with anything especially my alpacas!!

3 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Well as long as your glass isn't completely empty.....there is always....some nice loving from those babies.....not to mention the cuddles....and I know how they lift your spirits....its really quite magical..just being in good company....Im usually found sitting on a bucket with the alpacas every night !!.....Jayne

Unknown said...

What ever life throws Debbie having all those lovely cuddles must mean a glass at least half full. Alpacas have an amazing ability to make life better in my experience:)

Judi said...

I stuggle to leave the field each evening...it's just such a priviledge to share our lives with alpacas! Debbie, I do know just how you feel about parting with any of them...it brings a lump to my throat just thinking about any of them leaving...we just know them all so well and pander to their every wish...I wonder whether anyone else really love them like we do!! Then I console myself because how could anyone not love them!!