Monday 17 January 2011

Happy customers, means happy knitters

Following on from yesterdays excitement I must just tell you it wasn't a fluke, we've had another egg today so we celebrated and had fried egg and chips for tea!!!  You can't beat a home grown fried egg.

I sent Paul to deliver a couple of pairs of gloves which had been specially ordered, the lady concerned way extremely pleased with  her purchase.  One pair for herself and the second were a present, so I'm sure the lucky recipient in the USA will be equally as pleased with theirs.

Talking of happy customers I thought I would share this very cute photo received from one very happy Barnacre Knitwear wearer.  Little Jacob looks nice and cosy in his hat, thank you Helen for the thank you email and allowing me to share the photo. 


I was going to deliver the gloves myself this morning, however I had to wait in for the vet.  You may recall me saying on Saturday that Legend was a bit fed up, well he just wasn't himself so I have been keeping a very close eye on him.  He hadn't got a temperature, no scouring or signs of injury but something  just wasn't right.

I thought he may have an ear infection, there was no sign of ear mites but he seemed to be holding his head slightly to one side on occasions and sitting down seemed to take a lot of concentration as though he had a bit of a balance issue.

When Sam arrived and checked him over, he agreed, poor chap, no wonder he's not very happy earache is horrible.  It just goes to show how important it is to know your animals, we spend so much time with our and know them all individually you can spot when there is a problem.  Alpacas are so clever at hiding problems sometimes you really do have to take the time to get to know them.

2 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Hope that Legend is soon feeling much happier.....after his visit from the vet....The hat looks lovely on the new baby....he looks very cute indeed......Jayne

Patou Alpacas said...

Very jealous about your egg situation, we have three hens but not an egg between them for 3 months. Hope Legend is better soon, couldn't agree more about knowing your alpacas, vitally important to pick up on any changes to the norm.