Thursday 8 December 2011

Damaging gusts

The weather has been and still is terrible, the rain was battering the windows during the night and it was still pouring when it was time to get up.

Many of the girls were in the shelter this morning waiting for me to arrive to provide breakfast.  By the time we'd finished feeding we were already soaked.

Unfortunately the weather meant that the fencing had to be postponed today, in fact most of the action on the hill had to be postponed.  At one point a big plank of wood flew up from the ground almost decapitating one of the builders.

My cooker has arrived though, well this is supposed to be my cooker!
By tea time the wind had gathered even more speed, the troughs were blowing all over the place and some of the littlies were struggling to stay one their feet.  As for the chickens, they decided the safest option was to go too bed early.

Maybe I should follow their lead and go to bed myself.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

. . .but don't go to bed in that caravan!!

Unknown said...

I was just thinking the same thing as Rosemary...I think someone was looking after you all when that first caravan went over when it did...empty!...and we thought last winter was bad!!

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Windy !....an understatement ! thankfully we have survived, what a night......Im just glad its all over !............Jayne