Wednesday 15 February 2012

Remember me?!

Yes, it really is me, I'm back in the 21st century, I have broadband and my (well Paul's) laptop plugged in.  When you blog almost daily as I did prior to caravan living you wouldn't believe how out of touch I've felt and I know many of our followers have missed our updates; Twitter just isn't the same. 

I have lots to report, but I   promise I won't overload you all in one go!

The house is almost finished, more on that another time though as I'm sure you are more interested in the alpacas and outside activities.

This weekend my brother Colin, his wife Sarah and my niece Faith have been up to see us and help with a few jobs.  Faith (& Colin & Sarah) helped with the feeding.  Here's Faith concentrating hard on holding the tub for Loki whilst he munched his breakfast.  She kept telling him off for being 'so hard' he was pushing hard on the tub!


Pearson is much gentler so she could smile for this one!


Sarah kindly kept us warm with tea and kindly cooked dinner and made sandwiches which was a great help when the daylight hours are still quite short.

One job my brother was helping me with was digging out a couple of drains which weren't working very well.  First he broke the handle off the shovel....

Not satisfied with that he then completely destroyed it.  Sorry he said turned it into a dustpan!

As you can see grass is certainly something we are not short of.  Fencing however is!  We have lots of fencing to do and shelters to build.  At the minute we are making use of the big 'shed', our barn which is great.

I'll be back tomorrow with more of what's been going on so do return.

11 comments:

Cotswold Vale Alpacas said...

Good to have you back, have followed on twitter but its not quite the same! Love the photos, and good to hear the house is nearly finished.

Patou Alpacas said...

Welcome back! Thought you'd gone completely AWOL!

oak haven alpacas said...

so glad to see you back!!

Cara

Shirley said...

Hi U2, delighted you are back on line. Looking forward to hearing how you are getting on. Shirley & Robbie

colin smith said...

I think 2 things out of 1 is good a dist pan and fire wood what more can debbie ask for?

Rosemary said...

Glad you are back!

Judi B said...

Good to hear that you're still blogging! Looking forward to hearing all your news!

Apple Vale Alpacas said...

Glad to hear you're well and re-connected, welcome back!

Perry Wheeler said...

good to have you back.

Unknown said...

Welcome back Debbie. Most of us have been a bit tardy in our blogging without you!

Bev said...

Hey there, good to see you back, and sounding in fine fettle..