Friday 8 June 2012

Flaming June or Floating June?

I'm not sure what happened to flaming June, maybe flaming wet June!  It has rained here solidly all day, in fact it's been raining solidly since yesterday afternoon.

This is not good news for Meketaten and Cassiphia who are both due to be shared tomorrow afternoon.  They have both been towel dried and shut in the overhang of the barn tonight so they are out of the rain but still in the wind in the hope that they dry off a bit; or rather a lot before the shearer arrives tomorrow afternoon.

I was hoping to take some photos of the cria born to date today so you could see how they were all growing but in view of the weather I didn't bother, maybe tomorrow if it dries up.  Hopefully by then Rosemary will have a cria so won't be suffering from cria envy!

The pet lambs have now had their last bottle, they are not happy!  I hate weaning, I'm far too soft, the poor little things are yelling even more than normal when they see me. 

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

I STILL have no cria - in fact Prue was pronking again this evening - it does not look good!!

Rain here as well!

Zenitude said...

I had one cria born today...on my mother's birthday! Still one more to go.

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Definitely floating June !! No doubt haymaking will be interesting, if we,re not all washed away by then !! ....Jayne