Friday 13 July 2012

Learning from the master

Despite all my best efforts it's another late blog I'm afraid!  I've been getting things ready for Otterburn Village Festival this weekend and time has once again slipped away.

We have done a couple of matings today, Legend was the lucky boy.  He was actually supposed to see Veruschka yesterday but she jumped out of the pen on the first occasion before we'd even fetched Legend and then the lifted me off my feet to make a second exit!  Anyway today she was pleased to see her man and dropped like a stone at his feet.

Whilst this was going on Kirkley thought that he would take the opportunity to practise his mating technique on Lualeni who was mated yesterday.
It does make me laugh when the cria start orgling, and Kirkley was doing a really good job of it!

On a not so funny note Friday the 13th struck here, our freezer has bust.  Thankfully it had only just been put on ready for a meat collection tomorrow so at least nothing was spoilt.  I wouldn't mind but we almost didn't store it when we moved and got rid of it.  We can't really complain I suppose, we've had it since we first got married.

Sad news on the duckling front too, I have no idea why but Roadie died during the night, we also have two more ducklings that have just hatched with a little help as they were both struggling, neither look very healthy, in fact both look like they have issues but I'll see how they are in the morning.

On a brighter note it looks like another is about to hatch so hopefully Yoko will have another friend soon.

2 comments:

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Ah.. sad to hear about the ducklings...I do hope there is better news tomorrow...the little boy babies are funny...and starting early....thats for sure...Jayne

Rosemary said...

Our freezer has now become a feed store!