Sunday 10 March 2013

In the nick of time

We've had a very busy weekend fencing, we needed to get the next two paddocks secure ready for two very exiting arrivals this week.

Friday I went to get the livery put on the new car, I love it and thought it would be a nice surprise for Paul when he got back.  Unfortunately for him I had a couple of hours to kill in Hexham so managed to treat myself.  I don't remember the last time I bought myself anything, other than alpaca related.

Saturday Gill, Ross and Taylor were over bright and early to get on with the fencing, we were working like a well oiled machine, each of us had a job (including 6 year old Taylor).  By the end of the day we had all the posts knocked in and some of the rails on.

Jeannine & Craig also came over to see their boys, Indigo & Azrael.  Indigo had his first introduction to the head collar and lead.  I was pleasantly surprised by his reaction. He is from Kate and has attitude so I thought he might be a bit of a nightmare but he wasn't.

We finished off the freezing cold wet day with a homemade pizza and Gill cakes - yummy.

Today Carol and Dave came over, Dave was helping with the fencing today whilst Carol stayed in the warmth knitting (after washing the pots!).

It has been sleeting, snowing and hailing today, so absolutely freezing cold and not ideal weather for fencing.  We managed to get all the rails on and the last bit of netting was being stapled on in the dark; its a good job we have working light on the tractor.

We can now sleep tonight knowing that the quarantine paddock is ready and waiting for our new grey stud Sunburst and his equally impressive paddock mate, more on him another night.

No comments: