Monday 11 March 2013

Sunburst has arrived

Today has been a very exciting day, we woke to snow but nothing was going to put a dampener on my day.  I was off to fetch Sunburst!!!

Jan from Castleside Alpacas had kindly offered to come along for the ride as Paul was unable to join me, so after a rather slow slippy drive over from Consett Jan and I set off for a drive down the A1.

The weather wasn't pleasant but by the time we got to the services at Ferrybridge, having had a little detour as I missed the entrance and had a drive round the lorry park we pulled up in sunshine.  Literally less than five minutes later the Anzac waggon arrived and we got even more excited.

Sunburst is just as fantastic as he was when we last saw him, I still can't believe we have such an amazing rose grey boy!
Doesn't he look impressive with his equally impressive multi-supreme paddock mate.  More on him later in the week.

The drive home was very mixed, blizzards, sunshine and windy.  I was hoping that by the  time we got home the snow would have melted, however it was still there and the ice underneath meant we struggled to get up the drive.  Shovel and grit called for!

Unfortunately the weather wasn't warm for the boys arrival but they got a warm welcome from the girls who spied them get out of the trailer.

The light was starting to fail by the time I got my phone out to take this photo so the quality isn't the best, but don't worry I'll have the camera out as soon as the weather improves.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the photo of Sunburst checking out things from the trailer...looking very impressive!

Shirley said...

He certainly looks the bizz, Debbie! Shirley & Robbie

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Congratulations on your lovely new arrival ...I bet you are chuffed to get him home !! Jayne